Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Vintage Cream

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    No affiliation, just think it's nice that stuff like this still pops up and is offered at no reserve. I'm fully aware it'll go nuts with snipes at the end, but it's still encouraging to see for those of us who have to troll the bottom for our Altec catches.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Altec-51...QQcmdZViewItem

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wish he had a better pic of the horn! Looks like an H 804 Tar filled rather then an 804B.

    Also have to wonder which driver is on it.

    You did throw me a bit BT427, I was expecting to see an LP by Cream that has an old favorite song, "Disraile Gears" on it.

    I think I remember that I forgot those days!

    Gary

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Vintage Cream


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Was expecting vintage Clapton also...

    I think that horn is too small to be an 804, I think it's a cast 808.

    Which wouldn't explain the 500 hz xover...

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Vintage Cream


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    BTW, for those interested, seller also has a pair of corner cabs with Biflexes. The horn is an EV- PA 30 I think. Those were commonly used as inexpensive HF units, EV rated them to 14K.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry for the title confusion, i'd intended to begin my post with "...............of the crop", but i was interrupted and had lost my train of thought(not hard to do) by the time i came back.

    My WAG is the horn driver is a nice hollywood grey krinkle 802.

    I'm with OG in thinking that's probably a cast H808, i don't think the molded ones had those "ears" on the sides................ although i'm not fussy, even a mismatched pair would make me happy beyond expression. The few examples i've seen sell in the recent past have brought nearly astronomical prices.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats something I've never seen before. Interesting.

    Russ

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just to hijack this thread a little more, if you like Ginger, Jack and Eric you'll really enjoy this:

    Link to Cream RAH

    Both audio and video are excellent.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I meant to type the Horn as H-805, Like this

    21
    22

    But I think OG nailed it down!

    Thanks for the link to Cream, my albums from the early 70s are a bit tired but I still can't bring myself to buy this music on CDs. Some stuff just has to be played from the original source!

    Gary

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Gary, just to clarify, the link is to the Cream reunion DVD which was recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in 2005. I have both the Cream farewell concert video (also performed at RAH in 1968) and this new one. The quality of the audio and video recordings are forty years apart. The performances are from two very different points in the lives of the musicians. With a UREI-based surround system and a 72" screen all that's missing is the scent of smoldering rope. forums

  10. #10
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Altec Fan:
    Hey Gary, just to clarify, the link is to the Cream reunion DVD which was recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in 2005. I have both the Cream farewell concert video (also performed at RAH in 1968) and this new one. The quality of the audio and video recordings are forty years apart. The performances are from two very different points in the lives of the musicians. With a UREI-based surround system and a 72" screen all that's missing is the scent of smoldering rope. forums
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Understood very well and I have been to many of these so called reunion concerts 30 years after the fact. Very few of the has-been groups have much appeal these days or can create the mystique of the past when the burning rope was in the air.

    I've recently seen CSN&Y, EAGLES, Marshall Tucker, AMERICA, and a few others but I wouldn't pay the price to see most again nor would I run out and buy their recent CDs.

    Guess you had to be there in the beginning as I was and rely upon the faded memmories of the music that we grew up with.

    Gary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.